Toldain Talks

Because reading me sure beats working!

Name:

Toldain started as an Everquest character. I've played him in EQ2, WoW, Vanguard, LOTRO, and Zork Online. And then EVE Online, where I'm 3 million years old, rather than my usual 3000. Currently I'm mostly playing DDO. But I still have fabulous red hair. In RL, I am a software developer who has worked on networked games, but not MMORPGS.

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Typalicious

There is a brand new web service called Typealyzer which will read your blog and calculate a Myers-Briggs personality type for you. I've taken the test many times, and come out as an INTJ. But Typalyzer has me as an ISTP. Swapping P and J is no biggie, it's always very close between them when I test this. But S instead of N is a huge shift, I'm usually very strongly N.

If you aren't familiar with Meyers-Briggs, let me run this down. N is described as "intuitive" and S is described as "sensate". (That's sensate, not sensual, get your mind out of the gutter.) N's like to go with the world of the mind and imagination, whereas "S" types are all about hands-on, concrete reality, sweat, toil, and axle grease.

I'm definitely N, though I've cultivated my S side some lately.

But when I write this blog, there's nothing obvious that turns it into a game taking place in a good part in my (and others') mind. So I use a lot of words like "hit", "attack", "make", "craft", that are the sort of words that "S" types use.

West Karana is rated as an ESTP, and I'd be willing to bet that it ought to be ENTP. Tipa has mentioned that she has a programming background, and programmers and S types just don't intersect much.

I'm going to be snickering about this the rest of today.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've learned to be wary of those blog analyzers; they almost never seem to describe me or my blog accurately :P

9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

INTJ all the way!

Now you need to find one that does the "True Colors" evaluation. Green here.

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home