Toldain Talks

Because reading me sure beats working!

Name:

Toldain started as an Everquest character. I've played him in EQ2, WoW, Vanguard, LOTRO, and Zork Online. And then EVE Online, where I'm 3 million years old, rather than my usual 3000. Currently I'm mostly playing DDO. But I still have fabulous red hair. In RL, I am a software developer who has worked on networked games, but not MMORPGS.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Why Instances are Better?



Dan Ariely talks about an experiment that addresses questions of human meaning and purpose. I got about two thirds of the way through this when I realized that this is quite relevant to MMO's, and suggest that instances will keep people coming back a lot longer.

If you kill the boss and watch him respawn before your eyes, it kills your sense of accomplishment much faster.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Soleiko said...

Not bad, but Roll a D6 was definitely better.

4:54 PM  
Blogger Soleiko said...

Bleh, that was meant for the "Scratch Your Neighbor" post

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home