Toldain Talks

Because reading me sure beats working!

Name:

Toldain started as an Everquest character. I've played him in EQ2, WoW, Vanguard, LOTRO, and Zork Online. And then EVE Online, where I'm 3 million years old, rather than my usual 3000. Currently I'm mostly playing DDO. But I still have fabulous red hair. In RL, I am a software developer who has worked on networked games, but not MMORPGS.

Saturday, December 05, 2009

Wormhole Chronicles

In addition to being hunted while helping Tipa with her mission in Evaulon, I've been doing a lot of wormhole diving.


In one hole, I found not only a pos and some ships, but a capital construction array and a carrier. In a class 2 wormhole. Clearly it was built there. Also there was some sort of cyno equipment as well. Seems to me that I found secret carrier construction base. And no, I didn't fly over there to eyeball it. I left in a very big hurry, there were ships, too. I was flying my "ghetto cloaked" Imicus. That's "ghetto cloaked" meaning "Don't make eye contact and you'll be fine."

In another, I went in one that corpmate Kzaara had found. On my way over, a Covert Ops cruiser entered the hole, and Kza bounced out in a hurry. We went back in, and saw nobody scanning, so proceeded to scan and clear some sites, including my first Analyzing site! Then a covops entered and began scanning. Kind of heart pounding to think you are being hunted. Like that time in Evaulon...

Currently, I'm logged off in another hole. I found this one and guided corpmate Vahz to some mining after popping the rats at the belt. However the hole got smaller when we came through, starting to destabilize, but not critical. He filled his hold Arkonor and Bistot. His miner and his hauler made it back out but then the hole closed, leaving me there. This was as planned, since I had scanning equipment. This has happened before, so I just scanned for the new hole I knew would open.

The new hole is in nullsec. Deep in nullsec. In territory claimed by sovereign powers. I've scanned several systems for a new wormhole, but so far no dice. I'm camping inside the wh hoping that the exit will change while I'm offline.

These are genuine adventures. Unknown territories, unknown opponents.

Fun times.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home