Toldain Talks

Because reading me sure beats working!

Name:

Toldain started as an Everquest character. I've played him in EQ2, WoW, Vanguard, LOTRO, and Zork Online. And then EVE Online, where I'm 3 million years old, rather than my usual 3000. Currently I'm mostly playing DDO. But I still have fabulous red hair. In RL, I am a software developer who has worked on networked games, but not MMORPGS.

Friday, May 28, 2010

The Devil Strikes Back

About 5 minutes after my last post, I ran across this statement from CCP Cronotis:


There is indeed an issue where you can reprocess the starbase modules whilst they are still regulated by the old market supply prices and use those materials to manufacture other more expensive modules. This unfortunately was a timing issue with our transition to planetary interaction from old to new supply routes and as can be seen, was not handled in the appropriate way.

For those of you looking forward to Planetary Interaction on June 8th, do not worry as these issues will be cleaned up and appropriate measures will be taken to ensure there will be a viable market for you. Those of you currently gambling on profiting from this error should heed that as a warning before splashing more isk here.


Ok, it now sounds like they had planned to allow recycling, but didn't cotton on to the consequences at NPC prices. Or maybe that's just my fevered imagination.

I'm not sure what they could do to kill off the speculative buying and melting though. Blueprints for making stuff will continue to work. Maybe turn melting off for a while? It would be disappointing, melting is part of the ecosystem. They can't very well make the blueprints not work. Will the prices of the modules in question go up or down once they are supplied by players, that's the question. Stay tuned.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home