Toldain Talks

Because reading me sure beats working!

Name:

Toldain started as an Everquest character. I've played him in EQ2, WoW, Vanguard, LOTRO, and Zork Online. And then EVE Online, where I'm 3 million years old, rather than my usual 3000. Currently I'm mostly playing DDO. But I still have fabulous red hair. In RL, I am a software developer who has worked on networked games, but not MMORPGS.

Thursday, October 09, 2008

Living Large, Guild-style

Tuesday was LU49, and guildhalls. (Oh yeah, and some other stuff, big deal) I took a tour of the Qeynos and Freeport guildhalls and as Tipa put it, the largest is "omg, wtf, I-need-a-map large".
As I've blogged about before, my guild, Shards of Glory of Butcherblock, is working toward owning that monstrosity. We hoped to be ready at launch, but it didn't happen. We were at level 67.45 and at about 800p. Not bad, considering how large we are. And we will get there. Real soon now. I mean it.

But our work was for something sight unseen. It's a matter of pride for us, as non-raiders, and smallish. Er, make that small. Anyway, on my first look at the Qeynosian hall, I had two reactions. First (and third, and fourth, and fifth) was "Wow that's big."

The second was, "I don't really like the way this looks." I think maybe it clashes with my hair. The colors seem just a bit too neon for my taste. And the decor seems excessively ornamental. Though as Milia says, "For 1000p, it better be over the top."

I like the look of the Freeport guildhalls a lot better. Earth red floor tiles, granite-gray walls. Probably that's what we'll get, we'll hold a member poll.


I haven't seen the guildhalls in Neriak or Gorowyn yet. I find it odd that there aren't any in Kelethin, though.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You really want your guild hall in a tree?

Our guild hall is much safer.

It's in a volcano.

They say it's extinct. So they say.

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice editing of my actual comment to Lobi.

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home