Toldain Talks

Because reading me sure beats working!

Name:

Toldain started as an Everquest character. I've played him in EQ2, WoW, Vanguard, LOTRO, and Zork Online. And then EVE Online, where I'm 3 million years old, rather than my usual 3000. Currently I'm mostly playing DDO. But I still have fabulous red hair. In RL, I am a software developer who has worked on networked games, but not MMORPGS.

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

WoW Recruit-a-Friend

I got this email from Blizzard today:


Our new Recruit-A-Friend (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/account/recruit-a-friend.html) program has added features that reward you even more for bringing your friends into Azeroth. Recruit-A-Friend and earn:

- An exclusive ZHEVRA in-game mount* when your friend pays for 60 days of subscription time.

- 30 Days of FREE** WoW gametime when your friend pays for 30 days of subscription time.

Also, from the moment your friend creates a character and starts adventuring with you (including the trial period), both of you will receive these additional in-game benefits:

- You and your friend will earn triple the experience when grouped together.

- For every two levels of experience your friend earns, they can grant one level of experience to any one of your characters of lower level.

- You and your friend will have the ability to summon each other from any point in the world.

For more details on the new Recruit-A-Friend program please click here (http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?articleId=20588).

To recruit your friends now click here (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/account/recruit-a-friend.html).

The WORLD OF WARCRAFT Team


Wow, that's a great deal, with abilities I've never seen offered by an MMO before. Bestowing levels on someone, worldwide summon, and triple experience when grouped. Not to mention the mount. I guess they aren't too worried about jealousy, everyone has a mount by now.

On the other hand, it kind of makes them look desperate to me.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home