Toldain Talks

Because reading me sure beats working!

Name:

Toldain started as an Everquest character. I've played him in EQ2, WoW, Vanguard, LOTRO, and Zork Online. And then EVE Online, where I'm 3 million years old, rather than my usual 3000. Currently I'm mostly playing DDO. But I still have fabulous red hair. In RL, I am a software developer who has worked on networked games, but not MMORPGS.

Friday, September 16, 2011

What Has Tolly Been Up To Lately - Doh! Edition

Somehow in my roundup of gaming yesterday I neglected to mention something I've been fooling around with - Golemizer. This little game was made by Dave Toulouse. In it you play a mad scientist who makes golems to do things for him - things like mining and killing other golems for fun and profit. You can build houses and furniture and grow (and cut down) trees and plants and flowers.

Also, there are zombies. You can make zombies. You can kill zombies. You can set 100 zombies loose in your basement (which you've built) and rock out to "Zombie Jamboree".

I first heard about Golemizer on Psychochild's blog. When I had a meetup with him last month he mentioned it again along with it's creator. I had started an account some months ago but then literally forgot the name of the game, so I couldn't log in.
Also, something was shiny. But Brian mentioned it and I thought, with a toss of my fabulous red hair, "Oh, I must get back to that and play with it a bit more."

So I've been fooling around with it a bit, building golems and transistors. There is a consistent playerbase, but it isn't a large one. It's kind of an economic/crafting focused game, though there is fighting. I've had trouble finding stuff that will sell on the market, despite prices that seem low. I think there isn't a lot of volume.

Dave is launching a new game, called "Star Corsairs". He writes about it here, with some good business advice as well. I've played a little of Star Corsairs, too, and it seems like it has some potential.

So, I'm a bad, bad elf for forgetting that. Dave has accomplished some amazing things, and built some fun games.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home