Toldain Talks

Because reading me sure beats working!

Name:

Toldain started as an Everquest character. I've played him in EQ2, WoW, Vanguard, LOTRO, and Zork Online. And then EVE Online, where I'm 3 million years old, rather than my usual 3000. Currently I'm mostly playing DDO. But I still have fabulous red hair. In RL, I am a software developer who has worked on networked games, but not MMORPGS.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Karaya Rocks - Team of One Edition

I got this message on Facebook from Karaya, detailing how she swapped out her three levels of Rogue for Sorceror levels. (We're talking DDO here) She's Sorceror 11 now:


So I lesser reincarnated Karaya today. She has Dominate Person now, along with a plethora of other new tricks.

We did the Ruined Halls in Kundarak as a test run of my new powers. And by "we", I mean Anvil, Bearded Devil, Hobgoblin Cleric, Hobgoblin Infiltrator, Trogolodyte Warlock and me. Quite the pickup group, no?


Last night she described to us a bit of how she sets up her hotkeys. For example "Tab targeting" isn't on the Tab key any more, but on the numeric keypad. I assume other powers are nearby as well, moved from the QWERTY number keys to the numeric keypad, so that one hand can drive and the other can target and cast.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Brian 'Psychochild' Green said...

I rebind my movement keys to ESDF instead of WASD. As a result, I often move the "tab target" key to A instead. I'll use Tab for push-to-talk on voice.

Hrm, maybe I should play around with Dominate Person more on my casters. That sounds fun. :) Higher level rangers can do the same with animals, too, although you can't choose to release them... :(

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home