Toldain Talks

Because reading me sure beats working!

Name:

Toldain started as an Everquest character. I've played him in EQ2, WoW, Vanguard, LOTRO, and Zork Online. And then EVE Online, where I'm 3 million years old, rather than my usual 3000. Currently I'm mostly playing DDO. But I still have fabulous red hair. In RL, I am a software developer who has worked on networked games, but not MMORPGS.

Monday, April 27, 2009

Loping in Lavastorm



I've been playing around with all the new stuff in Lavastorm lately. Shown is the new transport in Lavastorm. It works like the nightmares in Loping Plains, but these are fire-imbued flying horses. And you can take one up to the Temple of Solusek Ro.



Doing so, you can get a look at some of the changes. For example, in this shot, we see the lava field that is right before the Temple. Instead of the magma fragments, there ar lots of what look to be lava constructs. The rumblers are still there, though. At least some of them.

The new plotline in Lavastorm is that there is a void anchor, pretty much right by the docks, and the void invasion is also threatening the Temple of Sol Ro. When you visit it, you will find it is almost entirely taken over by the voidtouched. One of the new lines of repeatable quests in Lavastorm has you work on cleansing the temple.

I like the reuse of old zones, especially as a live update. In addition, these quest allow players to do solo missions for void shards. This is a welcome alternative. I like grouping and taking on the shard instances. It's fun. However, it was possible for one player to use 2 boxing and mentoring to solo farm some of the instances for void shards, depending on what the daily mission was.

This provides a more, ahem, conventional way to solo grind for void shards.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home