Toldain Talks

Because reading me sure beats working!

Name:

Toldain started as an Everquest character. I've played him in EQ2, WoW, Vanguard, LOTRO, and Zork Online. And then EVE Online, where I'm 3 million years old, rather than my usual 3000. Currently I'm mostly playing DDO. But I still have fabulous red hair. In RL, I am a software developer who has worked on networked games, but not MMORPGS.

Friday, April 25, 2008

Since I Mentioned Armor on Women

This seemed relevant. From a website run by members of the Society for Creative Anachronism.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Antiguo said...

Witty!

I mean, yeah its not historical accurate, but so is hardly most armors in almost any game. And other things. Its also good to remember that while armor was good, it hardly make you invincible: could be dented (and ironically, killing you with your defense), was horrible unhealthy (how do you think they went to the bathroom), could suffer heath stroke, frostbite and many more inherent damage by wearing so much metal.

Also I like how the two soldiers sneer at her because she is wearing "no armor/whore outfit" and since she is woman, means she is a slut with no brain (while a man would be badass/barbarian/hardcore), not taking notice that since she is still alive and quite healthy in what is obvious an extremely dangerous life, it means she is very, very good at what she does.

For me, the picture ends 3 minutes later with both of the "True soldiers", naked an lying in a pool of blood and a few extremeties less; while the bimbo calmly and a little confused walks away, idly wondered who where the two idiots noobs who attacked her and making note of how much she is going to get in the pawn shop for a slightly dented, slightly blooded, slightly crapped armor.

Yes, down with the sexism and equality, but one musn't go to extremeties and howl at every single thing, specially in escapism.

Its irreal, is unfounded, is an exageration, its sexy and its hilarious overdone. And I would want it any other way.

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home