Toldain Talks

Because reading me sure beats working!

Name:

Toldain started as an Everquest character. I've played him in EQ2, WoW, Vanguard, LOTRO, and Zork Online. And then EVE Online, where I'm 3 million years old, rather than my usual 3000. Currently I'm mostly playing DDO. But I still have fabulous red hair. In RL, I am a software developer who has worked on networked games, but not MMORPGS.

Monday, November 22, 2004

Motherboard Miracle

As I posted earlier, we've been having trouble running Everquest II on our home systems.

This weekend, I decided to bite the bile duct and try a new motherboard. The ones we had used the VIA chipset to run the AGP bus (among other things). I tried out a motherboard that used the latest nVidia chipset, and the problems disappeared. I'd be the last to badmouth VIA, they have a good reputation in this part of Norrath, but apparently the nVidia cards I have are idiosyncratic in some way that the nVidia chipset can understand.

So, happy times ensued at Huxley Manor. The random crashes, reboots and freezes appear to be a thing of the past.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home