Toldain Talks

Because reading me sure beats working!

Name:

Toldain started as an Everquest character. I've played him in EQ2, WoW, Vanguard, LOTRO, and Zork Online. And then EVE Online, where I'm 3 million years old, rather than my usual 3000. Currently I'm mostly playing DDO. But I still have fabulous red hair. In RL, I am a software developer who has worked on networked games, but not MMORPGS.

Wednesday, October 06, 2010

You Load 16 Bits, What Do You Get?

...pure awesome in Minecraft, that's what. The following video demonstrates a fully functional 16-bit ALU built out of "powered blocks" and other tidbits in the "game" Minecraft.



There's been a flurry of Minecraft attention lately, from this post by Alice that includes logic gates made out of powered stone blocks (also combination locks, and a link to the video above), and this one, highlighting art in Minecraft.

And then there was a recent post by Tipa, who says, "Every time I go to post about Minecraft, I end up playing Minecraft all evening." That's very high praise.

Cool stuff.

Update: I clarified what the video shows and how it fits with Minecraft.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home